Ready to take your first Bikram Yoga class?
A regular yoga practice will change your life in the most wonderful ways, reducing stress, relieving back pain, improving your sleep, detoxifying the body, resulting in the restoration of health to all systems of your body. You will increase your strength, balance and flexibility, be energized, revitalize your body and mind, and you will eliminate the symptoms of stress produced by a modern lifestyle.
We offer a fun, challenging and invigorating sequence that is possible for everybody, no matter your age, flexibility, or strength. Every class we offer can be your first class, so all you have to do is breathe, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Once you experience this yoga for yourself, you will understand why people are so excited about it and why the people who care about you keep trying to get you to take class. Arrive at least 15 minutes early to your first class. Bring a yoga mat, large towel and water.
Many of our students have never practiced yoga before taking their first class with us, and every class has brand new, first-time students, so you will feel right at home. Best thing to do is come into our encouraging environment and let today be the day you take your first class.
Tips for a successful class
- Consider being prompt as part of your practice. We start class on time.
- The studio is open 30 minutes before class and closes 30 minutes after class.
- Remember to properly hydrate throughout the day.
- Have clean feet and be perfume and lotion free.
- No watches, cell phones, or pagers in the Yoga room.
- Please do not hold showers in the locker rooms.
- Before entering the Yoga room, be mindful of those still in savasana from the previous class.
- Be respectful of those in meditation and enter the room quietly.
During Class: Have Fun!
- Enter the Yoga room in silence. Your practice begins once you enter the room.
- Be aware of your mat placement so you do not block the view of the mirror for those behind you.
- Bring only water into class with you. No other beverages are allowed.
- Drink between the postures, not during.
- Do your very best to stay in the Yoga room for the entire class. Leaving early is discouraged. If you feel that you need to leave, check with the teacher.
- This is a beginning yoga series. Absolutely NO advanced postures, Bikram’s beginning postures only. Save everything else for the right time.
- Practice stillness between the postures.
- Focus on yourself in the mirror.
- Honor the silence of the room by moving quietly.
- When you use Kleenex, place the used tissues between your mat and your towel.
- Observe silence during final savasana.
- Leave the room quietly and be respectful of others.
- If you rented a mat, please hang it over the ballet bar at the back of the room.
- Showers are on a first come first serve basis. Please limit your showers to 3-5 minutes.
- Be mindful of the time. The studio is open 30 minutes before class and closes 30 minutes after class.
- Enjoy the peace and energy you are taking with you from class and make the commitment to return tomorrow.